Denver Personal Injury Lawyers
McCormick & Murphy, P.C.
McCormick & Murphy have been working as Denver personal injury lawyers since 1995 and with more than 45 years of combined experience, they are one of the premier personal injury lawyers serving Denver and the state of Colorado. Their primary goal is to always execute effective representation for their Mile High City clients and to work tirelessly for fair compensation for personal injury victims.
How to Choose an Attorney:
What is a Personal Injury?
If you believe that another person or a company is responsible for your injury or accident, you may file a lawsuit to determine whether that person or company is legally responsible, or “liable,” for it. In a personal injury case, liability often rests on whether a person or company was careless, or “negligent.”
A personal injury lawsuit is typically based in tort law. A “tort” is a civil wrong that courts recognize as grounds for a lawsuit. There are several specific torts, including assault, battery, negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, trespass, and defamation. While some torts are also crimes that are punishable by imprisonment, the primary goals of tort law are to provide victims relief for the damages incurred and to deter other people from committing the same harms.
Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
In a personal injury lawsuit, an injured person (or “plaintiff”) may sue for monetary damages or an injunction to prevent the responsible party for continuing the tortious conduct, or both. Among the types of damages that a plaintiff may recover are:
- MEDICAL EXPENSES. If your injuries required medical care, you may be able to recover the costs of medical treatment in a personal injury lawsuit. This includes the care that you needed immediately after your injury, as well as care that you will need in the future.
- PAIN AND SUFFERING. An accident or injury can be a traumatic, life-altering event. If you experienced pain or suffered for an extended period of time after your accident, you may be able to obtain compensation for pain and suffering from the responsible party or parties by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- LOST WAGES. If your injuries caused you to miss work, you may be able to recover lost wages by filing a personal injury lawsuit. It can be difficult to calculate the amount of wages that you are owed, which is one of the many reasons why an attorney can be helpful to you after an accident.
- REDUCED EARNING CAPACITY. An injury can impair your ability to work in the future. If your earning capacity has been reduced or diminished due to the injuries you suffered in an accident, you may be able to recover the amount of wages you would have earned had the accident not occurred by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Who is Liable for Your Injuries?
Many accidents occur because a person or company was negligent. Under the law, if a person or company does not exercise the same amount of care that another person or company would under the same or similar circumstances, they may be liable for the harm that results from their conduct.
In many accidents, there may be more than one party at fault for your injuries. For example, if there are three drivers that cause a car accident at a major intersection, the law in most states provides that any one of the three careless drivers is responsible for fully compensating you for your injuries. In this case, the three drivers would be required to decide amongst themselves who must pay for the plaintiff’s damages and whether the one or more drivers should reimburse the other(s).
Accidents and Personal Injury Lawsuits
There are many types of accidents that may form the basis for a personal injury lawsuit, including:
- MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you determine whether or not to file a lawsuit. These accidents can cause victims extraordinary pain and suffering, and may result in debilitating lifelong injuries. The lawyers at McCormick & Murphy, P.C. have years of experience representing victims of car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents.
- BICYCLE ACCIDENTS. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, a lawyer can help you protect your legal claims and get the medical assistance you need.
- PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS. A pedestrian accident can be a traumatic, life-altering event. If you have been injured while walking in Denver or the surrounding areas, the experienced attorneys at McCormick & Murphy, P.C. can help you recover the costs of your medical expenses and care , for pain and suffering, and for lost wages by filing a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf.
- CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENTS. A construction site can be a very dangerous place. If you or a loved one has been injured on a construction site, contact a reputable personal injury lawyer immediately.
- WRONGFUL DEATH. The death of a loved one is a difficult experience. When another person or company is responsible for your loved one’s death, this can make coping with your loss even more challenging. A compassionate lawyer can help you and your family hold the parties responsible for your loved one’s death accountable in court. If your loved one has died because of another person or company’s negligence, contact a lawyer right away.
- DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS. Thousands of people are injured by defective products each year, and many are able to recover damages from the companies responsible for putting dangerous products on the market by filing lawsuits. If you or a loved one has been hurt or injured by a defective product, you should contact a lawyer right away. An experienced attorney can help you file what is known as a product liability lawsuit.
- SERIOUS ACCIDENTS. The lawyers at McCormick & Murphy, P.C. have years of experience helping victims of accidents recover for the serious injuries they have sustained. Protect your legal claims by contacting an attorney today.
Our Client’s Stories:
- Christina, Denver
Insurance Bad Faith:
Insurance Bad Faith:
Insurance Bad Faith:
Insurance Bad Faith:
Accreditation & Memberships:
Reviews on the Web:
Our Denver Location: